Cancer Avoiding Turmeric Tea
Now that we have got many natural ways to cure many diseases, you can also combat the cancer using this magic spice called “turmeric”. A lady, Vicky Stewart, citizen of Britain, has proved it that natural spices work better than those expensive drugs which are linked to premature death and mega-tumors. I have also seen people who died due to relapse of the cancer.
So this lady chose to consume turmeric spice instead of mainstream medical treatments prescribed by doctors. Her doctors kept telling her repeatedly that it is not going to do affect your cancer eventually and you will not gain anything out of it. But this lady didn’t listen to the doctors and today after 4 years, Stewart is a cancer free woman with no chances of it relapsing or occurring again. At this point of age (44years) she is a centre of major research project which is led by great scientists who are surprised to the results of turmeric on cancer.
Stewart explains that “Turmeric kind of makes cancer cells commit suicide and ginger and garlic are great to cook with.”
So why is it called cancer fighting spice?
It should not surprise you that turmeric is a great remedy when it comes to treating cancer. In fact a lot of researches show the anti-cancer properties of turmeric due to the component found in it called curcumin. Along with research by UCLA, 9 other studies have also shown that turmeric can conquer the cancer cells and reduce the size of the tumor by a whopping 81%. Turmeric contains the following properties:
• Turmeric can stop the action of enzyme COX-2 which produces localized enzymes that produce negative inflammation. Such inflammation is well known precursor to cancer.
• It also inhibits vascular epithelial growth factors. Curcumin stops the growth of bloody supply which enhances the tumor growth.
• It re-awakes a key tumor suppressor gene.
• It has a property of conquering cancer cells and kills them. Also it prevents the re-growth of cancer stem cells.
• Water – 4 cups
• Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
• Lemon – half
• Honey – to taste
• Ginger – 1 teaspoon
• Boil the water in a pan and add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Make sure to use good quality turmeric powder. You can try grating fresh turmeric root each time you make your healthy turmeric tea to add richer flavors.
• You can use ginger with your turmeric powder to bring a chance to your tea.
• Now lower the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Then strain the tea using a fine colander. Add lemon or honey as per your taste to make it interesting.
Above mentioned is the most basic recipe of turmeric spice. You can also use some other ingredients to bring some change. You can also use turmeric tea bags that are available in the market if you lack time. However, it is recommended to use fresh ingredients each time you prepare your tea.
Creamy Turmeric Tea
This tastes a little better than your basic turmeric tea.
What you need:
• Coconut/ almond milk – 1 cup
• Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
• Chopped/grated ginger root – ½ inch
• Sweetener/ honey – 1-1/2 teaspoon
Warm your coconut or almond milk gently in a pan. Now take a mug and mix the turmeric powder with a pinch of cayenne pepper and chopped ginger root and the sweetener/honey in a mug. Now pour a little of the warm milk into your mug over the mixture and keep stirring until the lumps are gone. Now add the rest of the milk into it and strain before your drink it.
This recipe also works as a great remedy to sooth a sore throat, running nose or combat the stress after a long tiring day.